Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13t-aw000
Other

I cannot enable legacy boot, the order is there, but it's grey out. Secure boot is disabled. BIOS version is F.10

DSC_1040[7958].JPG

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@ender117

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Also, try this workaround: (suggested by David PK ) 

• Tap away at the ESC key as soon as you press the power button to enter the Start-up Menu and then select the Bios Menu ( f10 ).
  • Under the System Configuration tab, expand the Boot Options Menu.
  • You need to set Secure Boot to Disabled and Legacy Devices to Enabled.
  • When done, press f10 and select to save the changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried those. The problem there is not an option to enable/disable legacy boot support (or UEFI with CSM), even when secure boot is disabled (as shown in the screenshot in OP)

HP Recommended

@ender117

Try BIOS defaults -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F10 once for BIOS. 
4) Press F9 for BIOS defaults. 
5) Press F10 to save and exit. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, it does not work. The option to enable legacy boot is simply not there

HP Recommended

@ender117 I suggest you update the BIOS on your device using the HP website: click here to find and install the latest updates,

Once done, restart the device and check if the options are available.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, the BIOS is F.10 and most current as of now. I have even tried downgrade to older version but no luck

HP Recommended

@ender117 I'm afraid that could only mean that the advanced options on that device is locked or unavailable,

Perhaps, you can tell us why you wish to have that enabled and we can look for alternate ways of resolving the issue.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am trying to use the secure erase utility from Samsung which is required to enable the hardware encryption on their SSDs. I believe it's based on customized isolinux and does not work with UEFI (w/o CSM).

I believe a lot of system utilities haven't been updated to support UEFI and CSM/legacy boot will be handy. Could you please expose/implement this feature?

HP Recommended

And, the help info section I posted in OP even says "when legacy support is enabled...", so I doubt this option is hidden on purpose.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.