cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Black-Jock
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cloned SSD wont boot up...

HP Recommended
Spectre x360-14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Folks,

I just cloned my Spectre-13 drive data onto the SSD from my new Spectre-14 Laptop.

Now the laptop wont boot and gives the me the error message that there is no Hard Drive.

I have also tried the same process with a Samsung EVO 970 Plus SSD and got the same result, laptop wont start up and the error is no Hard Drive.

Unfortunately I did not back-up the Spectre-14 SSD before I cloned the old drive, oops...! Anyone got any suggestions on how to recover or resolve this situation..?

Cheers, Keith

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Black-Jock 

Cloning does not destroy the original, so I don't see how cloning would do that.

The HP specs for your model shows it has Optane storage -- and that serious complicates the issue.  You should have not charged into this with Optane storage.

Unfortunately, I don't know any way to correct what you have done as simple cloning will not work.  You may need to consider factory resetting your PC, but I would way to see if someone else who knows how to deal with Optane issues joins in before doing that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation