quais
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Reset 502

15-bs180tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am started facing some issues while booting up my device.

I am getting this message - "The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your BIOS setup options to see if they change.

CMOS Reset (502)

ENTER - Reboot the system "

On this screen my pc waits for about 10 seconds after it starts. 

I don't know what is happening.

I am noticing this is only happening when device is plugged in.

I also performed power and battery test through HP PC hardware diagnostics software. But there is no error found by this software.

When I plugged in the charger in my laptop the charging status led indicator turns white automatically after couples of minute or in sleep mode. After when I waked up the PC  from sleep and hover over battery icon it says plugged in not charging. Where as in the shut down state my laptop is charging as normal.

I also uninstalled the battery manager driver form device manager. 

But nothing happens. 

I am noticing this issue after a week from updating of bios.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,375 22,331 1,878 2,992
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Reset 502

@quais Welcome to HP Community!

Click here to perform a harder reset on your device

If the issue persists, after the above steps, try the below:

1. Turn off the notebook.

2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

3. With the notebook off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

NOTE:

On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key  and the V key.

4. While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key  and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins automatically. This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps. If the issue persists after repeating the steps, skip to the next step to Download a replacement BIOS file.

• If the Power light turns off, the notebook has turned off because the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds only.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
quais
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Reset 502

First of all sorry for late reply.

Full explanation :-

I only get this cmos reset message when my amber led turn to white.

Issue that i still facing on my device are amber led automatically turns white after charging few percentages. Today i put my laptop charge on 34% after shutting down. My laptop charges about 80% at normal speed. After that amber turns white automatically without even fully charged my device. After when it turn white i unplugged the charger re-plugged it for few seconds it remains on amber and again turns to white.  I unable to recognize in which part of device is having defect. If my device battery is having an issue then it should automatically shutdown my device or draining too fast but after charging it my battery decreases at normal rate. I also checked the ac adapter. My laptop has remove-able battery. I've taken the battery out and plugged the charger in turned on my device and used it for half hour. My device is working as new. If the ac adapter has a problem then shouldn't turn my device on On power.

Here's the list of troubleshoot i have performed myself after reading few hp community forum articles:-

1. Recovered the BIOS manually by following your bios recovery link.

2. Performed power reset after taking out battery by pressing power button for 60 seconds.

3. Uninstalled the battery drivers via device manager both on battery power and on ac adapter power(after taking out battery).

4. Performed battery check via hp support assistant battery check tool but it's saying primary battery (Ok).

5. Performed hardware diagnostics UEFI by choosing ac adapter test and adapter test is passed.

6. Performed battery check also via hardware diagnostics UEFI its says Primary : Logic State - OK(0), Charge State OK.

7. Performed symptop test and it is passed.

8. Performed system fast check it is passed.

9. Performed system board check it is passed.

But here a catch :-

After amber led turned to white also performed the following troubleshoot via UEFI :-

1.  When i run the power source test it's showing :- Primary - REPLACE(42), Primary: Logic State - OK(0), Charge State - Blown Fuse (42).

But this error i got only once and never got this error again after restart or unplug the charger.  If my battery has a problem then it should show error every time i run diagnostics UEFI after amber led turns to white. But it's not showing this error. 

Sometimes my device starts as normal charges as normal i don't know what is happening with my device. 

I am unable to recognize on which part of my device having an issue.

If my ac adapter has a problem then it shouldn't charge my device at normal rate or not turn my device on after taking battery out on AC adapter.

Please help me.

My device is out of warranty.

Really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,375 22,331 1,878 2,992
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Reset 502

@quais I'm afraid the message - Charge State - Blown Fuse (42), confirm a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation