cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Compaq CQ58 fan error code 90b - and no, it's not because of dust!

HP Recommended
Compaq CQ58 255SA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My mother told me her laptop (on powering it up) started switching itself off and said cpu fan error 90b.

thinking it was the usual suspect (dust) i went through the motions but still getting 90b. Stripped it down, checked and minimal dust. cleaned it checked everything else was okay but still getting 90b.

Replaced the fan but still happening. But i noticed that (having not fitted the keyboard completely) i could still see the fan and it would try to move then stop. not even a 1/4 rotation but still getting some power. I turned it off and on restarting it i moved the fins with a screwdriver and it started working!

i've now had it on for over 2 hours and the fan is working fine, bu obviously having to manually start the fan isn't an option for my mother, so was wondering if anyone has any idea what's causing it and any possible solutions please? (i assume it's a power issue but no idea how to resolve it).

1 REPLY 1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no support HP?

surely i can't be the only person who's encountered this problem?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation