Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I also have a Compaq CQ-60 (215-DX) with the same over heating and shutting down problem. I am selling it used for 160.00 and hopefully the buyer will know how to fix the problem. I was using a Cooling Master laptop cooler and it worked for a while. But it still shuts off. I for one will never purchase another HP or Compaq laptop again. These laptops have little value, it is not worth paying to fix them. You are better off to get rid of it and get something else.

HP Recommended

hi

i have compaq presario cq62. now i am runing with problem.  my laptop is suddenly off directly with any worning on battery. and on ac power i donot have any problem... pls. help me 

send solution on my mail id ([Personal Information Removed])

HP Recommended

I think you need to change your laptop's thermal paste. That the solution on my laptop presario cq40 for the sudden restart@shutdown due to overheat.

HP Recommended

First, I agree with you all.  It is junk and you would be best served to stay away from HP and Compaq  or at least buy the extended warranty because it's going to deteriorate.  They care nothing about customer service or satisfaction and will not help you.

I fixed mine by removing everything down to the cooling fan.  I even had to dis-assemble the cooling fan itself.  It was full of lint.  Be careful to save and re-allocate the thermal grease so that is critical to the cooling process.  Spread the screws out and take pictures as there are multiple sizes and lengths.

Dont do this unless you have confidence. It is not complicated but there are a lot of screws and fasteners and cables to disconnect and reconnect.  I had nothing to loose so I went for it.  The result was that it worked like new.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.