Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ61-319WM Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The laptop Compaq Presario CQ61-319WM Notebook PC has discontinued support. The BIOS is corrupted as was a common problem with these. Blinking caps lock and number lock. HP has discontinued support. I need the bootable BIOS repair file for this and cannot find it. It has to be the bootable, not the one you run inside the OS.

What I can't find is the BIOS "software" or "firmware" to do the recovery. It's not on the hard drive that's in there now since there's no recovery partition. I actually need the one that I can copy right onto a flash drive since I get a blank screen even after following all of the normal recovery procedures (remove battery, etc). I need the bootable from flash drive repair method. The current BIOS IS Insyde  F.15  . This is the one that came with it, but it is not correct, it malfunctions. There is supposed to be an upgraded BIOS but since HP took it down, these laptops are boat anchors now without it. Help! With a new BIOS this laptop will last for many more years.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

F.15 was the latest BIOS update I can find.

I can give you the previous one F.13), but that would be it.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47530.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47530.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.