Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Compaq Presario CQ61-319WM Notebook PC

HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ61-319WM Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The laptop Compaq Presario CQ61-319WM Notebook PC has discontinued support. The BIOS is corrupted as was a common problem with these. Blinking caps lock and number lock. HP has discontinued support. I need the bootable BIOS repair file for this and cannot find it. It has to be the bootable, not the one you run inside the OS.

What I can't find is the BIOS "software" or "firmware" to do the recovery. It's not on the hard drive that's in there now since there's no recovery partition. I actually need the one that I can copy right onto a flash drive since I get a blank screen even after following all of the normal recovery procedures (remove battery, etc). I need the bootable from flash drive repair method. The current BIOS IS Insyde  F.15  . This is the one that came with it, but it is not correct, it malfunctions. There is supposed to be an upgraded BIOS but since HP took it down, these laptops are boat anchors now without it. Help! With a new BIOS this laptop will last for many more years.

1 REPLY 1
Level 21
Level 21
126,441 116,622 18,944 28,928
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

F.15 was the latest BIOS update I can find.

I can give you the previous one F.13), but that would be it.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47530.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47530.exe

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation