Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-s108na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hi I have upgraded fro
Windows 8 to Windows 10 and my laptop uses you cam face login for security.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 the you cam face login has stopped working so I can not access my lap top.

I used to be able to bypass this by entering a password since upgrading Windows 10 does not give me this option.

What can I do to bypass this ?

Regards

Andy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Andylowde wrote:
Hi I have upgraded fro

Since upgrading to Windows 10 the you cam face login has stopped working so I can not access my lap top.

I used to be able to bypass this by entering a password since upgrading Windows 10 does not give me this option.

Regards

Andy

Since this is a Window isse you should post to a Windows forum or contact Microsoft Windows support for other login options help.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Andylowde wrote:
Hi I have upgraded fro

Regards

Andy

Since this is a Window isse you should post to a Windows forum or contact Microsoft Windows support for other login options help.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended
Thanks I found the solution to revert the issue as per below -

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Applies to Windows 10
Applies to Windows 10
Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. For example, if the problem doesn’t happen in safe mode, you’ll know that default settings and basic device drivers aren’t causing the issue.

There are two versions of safe mode: Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking. They’re quite similar, but Safe Mode with Networking includes the network drivers and services that you’ll need to access the Internet and other computers on your network.

The following sections describe how to start your PC in safe mode.

Show all
From Settings
From the sign-in screen
Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power Power icon > Restart.
After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start-up Settings > Restart.

After your PC restarts, you’ll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you’ll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.