Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au063nr (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well, I thought I posted this yesterday, but when I log in, it doesn't seem to show, so trying one more time.

After I close my laptop (hinge the screen down closed), probably 8 times out of 10, it will not restart (the screen stays black).  I have read various posts and fixes for this, but none of them has worked for me.  To list all of the things I have tried, but have not worked, see the below:

1.  I've restarted manually

2.  I've enabled the keyboard to "wake up" the laptop

3.  I've ensured I have the latest BIOS update

4.  I've ensured I have the latest graphics driver

5.  I've run the HP diagnostics (plus Microsoft diagnostics, Norton diagnostics) plus made sure I have every applicable HP update

6.  I've gone into the Power settings, and actually set the Screen to  never shut off when plugged in, and the Sleep to never activate when plugged in  (I always have my laptop plugged in), yet is SEEMS to go into Sleep and not wake up

7.  I've ensured I have the latest Windows updates

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have a similar issue after recent 20H2 Windows update, although it affects my hibernate mode and I have hp loading screen after I turn it on but then blank screen. Here's My Topic .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.