cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Hulotte
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Computer turns itself on and off on itself

HP Recommended
14-CE0035NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey everyone, I'm trying my luck here, you'll have to forgive me (and hopefully help me improve) for my english skills.

My computer I bought 2 years and 2 month ago has been working fine for a year. But then the screen kept beeing black and I had to get it fixed by the seller (FNAC)

Everything was almost smooth until now, occasonally the screen would turn black because of a wrong orentation of the screen, but nothing more. 

But today it just won't start (even tho it did this morning when I worked on it). 

The issue : When I press the power button, it lights in white, i hear the fan starting to spin up and then immediatly shuts down again. And then it turns itself back on, and does the same thing again and again. 

So far i tried :

- Pluging the power chord

-Unplugging the power chors

-Press the power button fro 30 sec, and realse it.

-Change the orentation of the screen.

I cannot : 

-Remove the battery because it is not a removable battery

-Take it back to the customer service because the warranty ended a month ago and we are in lockdown.

-Open it, because I don't have the tools.

I'de like to mention that I am the kind of person that is way to carefull with this kind of technology. It has always been raised by small items to prevent a bad air flow, and I never use it as a portable device. It does not leave my room ever.

2 REPLIES 2
Hulotte
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, anyone could help me?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Hulotte
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can make a video, or some photos. I need my laptop for work, i'm kind of desperate.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation