Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a refurbished WIndows 10 laptop, and it appears to have the Anniversary update.  I am attempting to disable the lock screen that appears when the laptop wakes up.

I said Anniversary update because according to a website, the REGEDIT update no longer works with the Windows 10  Anniverary update.

I tried to rename the Windows > SystemApps > Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy foler by adding .bak to the end as suggested on another webiste.  

The Local Group Policy Editor, another potential solution frequently mentioned on websites, does NOT exist on my [home] version of Windows 10.

I consider myself an advanced user.  Does anyone have a WORKING solution to this problem?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI @michel1177

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to disable the lock screen option.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help you in this regard.

I recommend you to follow below steps to disable the lock screen options.

1. Right-click the Start button.
  2. Click Search.

Right-click the Start button. Click Search.

3. Type regedit and hit Enter on your keyboard.
  4. Double-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Type regedit and hit Enter. Double-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

5. Double-click SOFTWARE.
  6. Double-click Policies.

Double-click SOFTWARE. Double-click Policies.

7. Double-click Microsoft.
  8. Right-click Windows.

Double-click Microsoft. Right-click Windows.

9. Click New.
  10. Click Key.

Click New. Click Key.

11. Type Personalization and hit Enter on your keyboard.
  12. Right-click the Personalization key you just created.

Type Personalization and hit Enter. Right-click the Personalization key you just created.

13. Click New.
  14. Click DWORD (32-bit) Value.

Click New. Click DWORD.

15. Type NoLockScreen and hit Enter on your keyboard.
  16. Double-click the NoLockScreen DWORD you just created.

Type NoLockScreen and hit Enter. Double-click the NoLockScreen DWORD you just created.

17. Type 1 in the Value data field.
  18. Click OK.

Type 1 in the Value Data field. Click OK.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.