Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV6 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to disable my secure boot option in my BIOS and cannot find anywhere it lets you do it. I can find the boot order options but no option for secure boot option. My computer is HP Pavilion DV6 (2007 or 2008 model) and the BIOS version is F.29. Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KEN107,

Greetings and Welcome to HP Support Community!

After doing a bit of research, found that your PC was shipped with Windows 7, Your notebook does not have a UEFI BIOS, so there is no secure boot feature to disable.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KEN107,

Greetings and Welcome to HP Support Community!

After doing a bit of research, found that your PC was shipped with Windows 7, Your notebook does not have a UEFI BIOS, so there is no secure boot feature to disable.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You Very Much, Jeet_Singh

HP Recommended

@KEN107,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.