Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15 cs2082tx
Ubuntu LTS

I'm trying too boot my laptop but it stuck on blank screen. I have tried to open the boot menu with esc button but still it doesn't shows the option. I have also tried with external keyboard but problem remains the same. What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Gul45kr 

I'm sorry, but HP does not provide support for Linux distros.

IF you replace the preloaded Windows OS with a Linux distro, or add a Linux distro, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that -- including solving any problems with booting the other OS and/or installing the other OS.

Modern PCs with UEFI, instead of the older BIOS, are especially difficult to install because you have to go into the UEFI settings and make several changes before you can even boot from a USB stick -- and we are unable to assist in that work.

Your best bet for support now is to contact the support forum of the distro you are using.

Since you are using Ubuntu, go here: https://ubuntuforums.org/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Startup menu should have been opened with esc button.  As far as I know startup menu doesn't depend on os types. 

HP Recommended

@Gul45kr 

OK -- misunderstood, thought you were asking about the Ubuntu boot menu.

I presume you are booting from USB? Or, are you pressing the Esc key to get the Boot Devices Menu?

If the latter, you might have to go into the BIOS settings and remove Secure Boot in able to do this.  This is explained in the mention I made in my thread about UEFI booting.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Actually I'm not able to enter into bios setup. When I open it with f10 it shows "f10... bios setup " on bottom left corner but doesn't shows the bios setup window. [personal info removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.