Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I updated my laptop months ago to windows 10 from windows 7 and now wanted to double boot ubuntu along with windows 10. While trying to disable the secure boot option inorder to boot the linux, i saw tat the secure boot is missing and even the PXE boot capability option is missing and the only options that is remaining is cd-rom boot and internal network adaptor option are shown. 

and I dont even want to reinstall windows 10 or go back to windows 7 as there are lot of files which might get effected in the process. So is there any other way how I can resolve it???? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It is an Intel Core 2nd generation and the motherboard may not support secure boot which is consistent with its being a native Windows 7 machine. Have you tried to install Ubuntu and run into issues or you are just anticipating them? 

HP Recommended

It is an intel core i3. I tried running installing the ubuntu and when I did, it directly took me to the windows startup instead of the boot process

HP Recommended

Yes it is a second generation Intel Core i3. If there is nothing about secure boot in the BIOS then the laptop does not have secure boot and secure boot is not the issue. Can you tap f9 as you power up to find the boot menu and specifically choose the optical drive or usb or wherever you have Ubuntu loaded?

HP Recommended

I tried it and it again took me to the windows only and the boot up didnt initiate at all.

HP Recommended

Then you have a bad disk. Can you get it to boot on any other computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.