Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15-ef0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

System will not recognize the current SSD nor will BIOS.  I want to swap the SSD but I cannot create a recovery drive for this machine as the Cloud Recovery Tool wont recognize any of my USB/SSD external drives.  I have tried running the Cloud Recovery tool on all of our computers Surface, HP Envy Laptop, no luck.  How do I download the recovery image?  ....Or is there a way to just get a Windows 10 image for my Product to the new SSD without access to the failed SSD?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I had no problem getting the tool to recognize my PNY 32 GB USB3 flash drive on a Dell Optiplex 7020 desktop PC when I entered your notebook's product number in the tool's search window.

I used this number:  9YF67UA#ABA

I zipped up and attached below the version of the HP cloud recovery tool I used to do that with.

You can always download make a plain W10 USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Laptop - 15-ef0023dx Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul.  Other than going out and buying multiple USB flash drives until the tool recognizes it, I'm going the Win10 boot disk method and install that on a new SSD.  Hopefully that will work to then download other drivers.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.