Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 650 g1

HI guys,

the HD is ok but when i put it in to the probook I get 3F0 error 😞

This happen maybe due laptop firmware update, because before, the HD worked fine on the seam PC .

Any idea ?

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

If you mean that you upgraded your BIOS/UEFI recently, then enter the BIOS/UEFI with F10 button

and check the boot configuration/boot order

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi,

I forgot to say that with other HD the laptop works fine.

Anyway I did the restore to default bios with no result.

F.

HP Recommended

If with other HDDs it works fine, then probably this one is not selected for a boot device

or this device does not have an operating system installed (or working OS installed), or is corrupted.....

• Have you checked the boot device options I mentioned above - in the BIOS F10 ?

SAM_3526.JPGSAM_3528.JPG

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hello,

the message at boot time is below :

3f0.jpg

the F2 diagnostic dosent find the HD both with short and lonf test

But for sure the HD is OK.

HP Recommended

All test on the target HD was fine and it's a clone that I made of a working HD.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your update.

As mentioned initially, if with other HDDs it works fine, then the root cause is either of these:

- probably this one is not selected as a boot device  >> check F9/F10 configurations

or

- this device does not have an operating system installed (or working OS installed),

or

- this HDD is corrupted.....

• If the HP F2 hardware diagnostics produces results that HDD is not detected, this may mean that this HDD is either not properly connected OR it is corrupted (dead) .
  • Consider getting it out and back in, and also testing it on another machine

You mentioned you have cloned the disk but something may have gone wrong. Try doing it again after you ensure the HDD is ok by testing it on another PC.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tested it on an other laptop .

Right now I'm writing from it.

I know that it sound very strange.

It could be a driver problem or a bios configuration of HP bios ?

In attach some picture.

1.png2.png3.png

HP Recommended

Let's assume this HDD is healthy.

• Do you have Windows or another OS installed on it ? Which Windows version ? Based on the screenshots, it seems you may have attached it to another PC as a secondary drive but this does not confirm if the PC has a working operating system ?
  • Have you entered this Probook's BIOS configuration F10 ? Can you post pictures of the BIOS configuration and post them back here? Once you enter F10, probably go to Advanced -> Boot options
HP Recommended
  • Do you have Windows or another OS installed on it ?
  • Which Windows version ?
  •  
  • yes, it is a partioned HD with w7 and w10.
  •  
  • Based on the screenshots, it seems you may have attached it to another PC as a secondary drive but this does not confirm if the PC has a working operating system ?

No, the suspected HD is in the Dell laptop as primary HD running w10 and the HD Tune run from a external usb key.

• Have you entered this Probook's BIOS configuration F10 ? Can you post pictures of the BIOS configuration and post them back here? Once you enter F10, probably go to Advanced -> Boot options

I played many time in the Probook bios to find the right configuration.

I switched many time from legacy to uefi and other option with no result.

My last test was the following :

thumbnail.jpg

Stating from the picture above, I have the suspected HD in the Dell and the starting clone HD in the HP.

Bot works fine.

The Dell bios is set to Legacy and AHDI

The HP is UEFI Ibrid with CSM and AHDI

When I replace the HD in the HP with the suspected one and change the bios to legacy (but I have the same result with UEFI)

I have again "Boot Device not found" and (3F0) error and below the result of F2 short test  😞

thumbnail2.jpg

I add a last information, if I try to install a new SO from scratch, booting from external USB key, this HD is not detected.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.