Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

i needed help to enter my laptops boot menu, whenever i press f9, f10, or any other fn keys it just beeps for a split second nd boots into windows. Any solution for that???

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to enter the BIOS and boot menus on most HP PC"s made in 2011 or later you have to first do this...

Turn on the PC and immediately tap/press the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select whichever option you want and press the Enter key.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

Thank you sir, but I tried that but it keeps beeping with each press. Does tat have anything to do with the keyboard layout. Since f keys doesn't work without pressing the FN button.

IMG_20201101_081202.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be.

The ESC key is not a Fn key so you should have been able to at least get that to work.

HP Recommended

Oh ,sorry my bad. But sir do u know anything about the beeping. It makes me feel that my laptop is broken.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.