5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Entering the boot menu

HP Recommended
pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

i needed help to enter my laptops boot menu, whenever i press f9, f10, or any other fn keys it just beeps for a split second nd boots into windows. Any solution for that???

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,839 124,195 20,654 31,746
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to enter the BIOS and boot menus on most HP PC"s made in 2011 or later you have to first do this...

Turn on the PC and immediately tap/press the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select whichever option you want and press the Enter key.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
groot123
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you sir, but I tried that but it keeps beeping with each press. Does tat have anything to do with the keyboard layout. Since f keys doesn't work without pressing the FN button.

IMG_20201101_081202.jpg

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,839 124,195 20,654 31,746
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be.

The ESC key is not a Fn key so you should have been able to at least get that to work.

groot123
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh ,sorry my bad. But sir do u know anything about the beeping. It makes me feel that my laptop is broken.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation