Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 15 15-ep0035cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 15 can't be set to sleep and sometimes can't even be set to hibernate.  I've done a clean Windows install twice.  With a fresh Windows install, including all the drivers and recent updates, the laptop can sleep and hibernate just fine.  As soon as I install HP Command Center and the required Command Center SDK it can no longer sleep.  It acts like it's about to sleep, but a few seconds after the power button LED shuts off, the computer does a cold boot all by itself.  I did some research and found out that there was a similar power issue with Omen desktops and the Omen Control Center.  The problem is tied to the XTUOCDriverService Windows service.  If I manually stop the service, the laptop can sleep normally, but HP Command Center no longer works.  So it appears that Command Center and the XTUOCDriverService aren't playing along nice.  It would be good if HP or Intel could release an update that solves this problem, it's really inconvenient to my workflow not to be able to put the laptop to sleep because the process will crash and cold boot automatically.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@erickdjEnvy15

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please uninstall the Omen Command Center from your Notebook and restart

Next  download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Then reinstall the Omen Command center

Also follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03383935

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

As it has been discussed in this thread here the problem isn't out of date drivers or lack of Windows updates.  It traces back to a glitch between HP Command Center and an Intel CPU service/driver.  Could you forward this to HP's developers to get a permanent fix?  Thanks.

Erick.

HP Recommended

I will forward this information to the back end team for review

Thank you for this valuable feedback

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.