Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The display in my envy x360 goes blank after I sign into the system. I bought the laptop just couple of days ago but I'm facing this issue. I reset the entire system and it started working again but now my windows got updated and the same issue is occurring again. Processor is still running but I'm not getting anything on the display.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rahul48

You can follow the below workaround to fix the issue.

1. Press the Windows   and R keys together to open the run command box.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Go to the services tab and Uncheck or disable App Readiness. Refer to this image:

AndressaR_0-1711979722590.jpeg

4. Click on Apply and click on OK.

5. Restart your computer.

Hope this helps. Good luck again! 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Rahul48

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy x360 series laptop. I read that after you sign in to Windows, the display goes blank. You have reset the laptop to its original factory settings and the again after the Windows updates, the issue persists. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

The evidence indicates that there is a conflict in the display drivers. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please start the laptop in safe mode. You may refer to the steps mentioned under "Entering Safe Mode from outside Windows" from this HP article
  • In safe mode, open the device manager.

Figure : Example of the Display adapters

Device Manager with display adapter selected

• Expand "display adapters". Right click on the display drivers in it and select uninstall. 
  • Close the device manager.
  • Restart the laptop. During the restart, WIndows should automatically reinstall the display drivers.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended
I've uninstalled hp620 driver but the problem seems to be reoccurring Everytime the windows updates. Do you want me to uninstall the pnp monitor driver as well?
HP Recommended

@Rahul48

Thanks for replying. 

You do not have to uninstall the PnP monitor drivers. 

Do let me know the exact model no. of your laptop. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

I'll watchout for your reply. 

Thanks! 

HP Recommended
The model no of my laptop is 15- bp051nr
HP Recommended

@Rahul48

Got it. Thanks! 

I searched for the latest drivers for the Intel® HD Graphics 620: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80555.exe

NOTE: Please start safe mode with networking for the internet to work.

You may restart the laptop once the installation is complete. 

Hope this works out. Let me know. 

HP Recommended
Hello,
I tried this as well but the screen again goes blank when the system restarts.
HP Recommended

@Rahul48

You can follow the below workaround to fix the issue.

1. Press the Windows   and R keys together to open the run command box.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Go to the services tab and Uncheck or disable App Readiness. Refer to this image:

AndressaR_0-1711979722590.jpeg

4. Click on Apply and click on OK.

5. Restart your computer.

Hope this helps. Good luck again! 🙂

HP Recommended
Hello,
This solution seems to be working so far. Is this a permanent solution or a temporary one? If it's a temporary one, will any updates be released from hp side to rectify this issue?
HP Recommended

@Rahul48

I'm glad to know that the suggested solution helped. Ideally, the issue should not arise again. I suggest you to keep your laptop updates always. 

Please feel free to reachout for any questions. Take care! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.