Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I want to reset a found elitebook. I don't want to bypass admin password or hack it. I just want to erase everything including administrator password. I need to stress this...I'm not looking to hack into this computer to gain anything from it..I have found this laptop and all attempts at locating the owner have are finished. I cant reset it the normal way because every attempt just leads me back to the recovery key..in which I don't have.  I just want to erase EVERYTHING. It is a windows 10 operating system and thats all I know. I turn on laptop, it brings me to administrator password and any attempts at command prompt, reset, or any other category brings me to recovery key. I am about to give up and that would be a shame because its a perfect computer otherwise 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The PC should be supported by the HP Cloud recovery client utility which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with the notebook.

This package provides the Cloud Recovery Client for supported computer models running a supported operating system. This Client Utility enables users to download the Recovery Kit from the cloud

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113001-113500/sp113100.exe

I have attached the instructions for use below...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.