Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Y0H40UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It seems that ever since September 2019, when I try to startup my laptop, it doesn't seem to go right away to the sign in screen. First, I see the HP loading screen (the HP logo with the "loading circles" underneath), and then a black screen of death of some sorts. What should I do? Every time I try to do an Automatic Repair or System Recovery, it doesn't seem to work.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@IT2004
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I recommend you perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.

Next step, BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Once it's done perform Microsoft System Restore. 

Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time prior to when the device failed. Refer to Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎 for more information.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

One time I tried it, I got a "Your PC couldn't start properly" message. What should I do?

HP Recommended

@IT2004
Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try system factory recovery which will re-install original shipped software.

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.