Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs742
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop takes 30 seconds to power on. I think its occurred due to slow BIOS installed. Anyone knows how to install fast BIOS 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rahul63 

Don't know where you got these bogus terms -- but there are no such things as "fast" BIOS or "slow" BIOS.  So, even if you COULD reflash the BIOS, that would not speed up the boot process.

When you say it takes 30 seconds to "power on", how are you judging the end of that 30 seconds -- with a login screen being shown?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Let me tell u hows the problem start. Once my system was power off during BIOS update. Laptop was not working or power off and unable to power. The issue was resolve from a laptop repair engineer, he remove the BIOS from motherboard and update it via BIOS reader. After that process. My laptop take approximately 30 seconds to start i.e showing the login screen..hope u got my issue

HP Recommended

What is the process to reflash the BIOS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.