Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

i have tried ahrd reset but no results. what can i try folks; its getting me crazy

HP Recommended

Okay, I am in this same situation. I tried the hard reset like you posted, but it still won't respond. I turned it on, and the screen still stayed black and those two lights flashed like before. I've tried this twice with the same results. Is there anything else I can try? 

Mine is HP Pavilion dv7-1232nr and my warranty has expired. I have no idea if I have the extra insurance, tho. 

HP Recommended

computer turns on, screen remains black ,please help me

HP Recommended
computer turns on, screen remains black ,please help me
HP Recommended

When do you put the battery back in?

HP Recommended

I'm having same problem (w/black screen) in addition to caps lock key blinking. I've this method to correct....no good!

HP Recommended

i fixed this by replacing the cpu because it had gone bad. Replace the cpu and your laptop will work again. thats it! if still covered by HP, they will replace cpu at no charge.

HP Recommended
i fixed this by replacing the cpu because it had gone bad. Replace the cpu and your laptop will work again. thats it!
HP Recommended
i fixed this by replacing the cpu because it had gone bad. Replace the cpu and your laptop will work again. thats it!
HP Recommended
i fixed this by replacing the CPU because it had gone bad. Replace the CPU and your laptop will work again. that's it!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.