Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP 15-1039wm with boot problems. I just get the ‘no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.’ I have tried changing settings in the bios to no avail. I tore the laptop apart and put in a new hard drive. I still get the same error. I could occasionally boot to the CD-ROM, but when I try to install windows from there, I get an error that it doesn’t have the correct drivers. That’s a new one? I also cannot boot to a usb drive with windows 10 on it, no matter how I change the bios. I have been messing with this for days and am stumped.

Thanks,

Allen

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

did u get boot device not found error in bios?

HP Recommended

No, it shows up in bios. also was able to run multiple tests on HD and memory by pushing 'escape' on boot, and it allows you to choose to run tests from there. All the tests said everything was fine. After I pulled out the old HD, I performed many tests with it on another computer and couldn't find ANY problems with it.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

Finally got fed up with trying stuff and took it to a repair shop. If I think of it, I'll let you know what the fix was.

Allen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.