Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2000 notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi recieved this message trying to boot up... cant access bios or anything

error code is : 64116888

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @wjean77 :

Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi recieved this message trying to boot up... cant access bios or anything
error code is : 64116888

HP Recommended

Hello @wjean77

Please, enter  this  code >> 64116888

as a response to the one you provide.

* edited *

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

thanks you for the quick feedback...

i entered the passcode you provided but still got the invaled code error with a displayed message that reads "SYSTEM DISABLED 64116888"

HP Recommended

Hi, @wjean77 :

Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...

HP Recommended

@wjean77

I am terribly sorry - as you can see I have posted the very same code as the one you posted. My mistake with copy/paste of the codes. You get a code (initial one) which can then be used to generate the unlock code (posted already by Paul T.)

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Thank you both so much for the feed back. The code worked I'm back up and running. Thank you guys
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.