Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 245 G7 Notebook PC (9EC03AV)

My HP  245 G7 does not boot and continues to display a black screen. On pressing the power button the fan turns on and Orange/Amber LED on the left side also turns on. LED on CapsLock does not turn on. 

Searching HP support site suggested it this could be due to BIOS corruption. When I tried to restore BIOS by following HP instructions (Turning on while pressing Windows and B buttons on the Keyboard) it displays the following message: 

IMG_20230118_213154.jpg

I tried to create the BIOS Recovery USB flash drive following HP instructions but for this particular model (245 G7) I am unable to create it. I could create the BIOS Recovery USB Flash drive for model 245 G8 but that did not work on this computer. Seems the file provided by the HP Support is not the correct file.  If anyone has faced this issue and recovered the computer please share the steps that need to be taken. Please let me know, if you think I should take any other steps to further diagnose the issue. 

My OS is: Elementary OS

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.