Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 15u G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Zbook 15u G3 Windows 10 ver 2004.

After updating to the latest version 9.5 of Hp Client Security Manager, I receive the following error message when trying to turn on power-on authentication:

"An error has occurred: An internal error occurred 0x8007054F"

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing HP Client Security Manager but the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same error message (0x8007054F) when attempting to enable power on authentication in HP Client Security Manager. I have also attempted to uninstall and reinstall the software.

Model: HP Elitebook 840 G7

HP Client Security Manager Version: 9.5.5.2929

BIOS Version: 01.03.02 Rev A

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I've thought it was caused by Synaptics FPR, but deinstalled software and resolved this device manager error. But same error in HP Client Security still remains...

Model: HP ZBook 15u G4

HP Client Security Manager Version: 9.5.5.2929

BIOS Version: 1.37 Rev A

HP Recommended

To resolve this issue I had to revert back to a previous BIOS update. If you are having this problem try and us an earlier version of BIOS for your machine and see if that resolves your issue.

HP Recommended

Power On Authentication was activated on my HP EliteBook 850 G3 and worked fine.

Because of some other problems (a new user did not appear in the power on authentication for selection), I disabled the feature and immediately reactivated it what resulted in the error described above.

So this seems to be a general problem in HP Client Security what should be fixed.

Model: HP EliteBook 850 G3

Windows: Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

BIOS-Version: HP N75 Ver. 01.51, 20.10.2020

HP Client Security: v9.3.9.2559

HP Recommended

Hello

I have same problem on ZBook 14u G6, Windows 10 20H2.

Internal error 0x8007054F when trying to enable pre-boot authentication in HP Client Security (9.5.5.2929).

HP Recommended

Hallo,

I had the same probglem with a HP ZBook 15u G3:

Windows 8.1 Pro

BIOS 1.51

With Client Security 8.3.18.2044 I get error "pladduserresult:0x6"

With client security 9.5.2.2896 I get error "0x8007054f"

In any case I can't add a user to the pre-boot authentication.

For me it a downgrade the BIOS to 1.49 solved the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Same problem:

Elitebook x360 1030 G2

Bios: P80 ver 01.38

HP Client Security: 9.5.2.2896

HP Recommended

Same error for me:

HP EliteBook 840 G7

BIOS S70 Ver. 01.04.02 - 01/18/2021

HP Client Security v9.6.0.2956

HP_Client_Security_POA_Error.png

HP Recommended

It looks the error is coming because you're logged as a domain user. Try to log in as a local user and try to set this there. After that, it should works for this domain user too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.