Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13 2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem with BSOD on my HP ENVY 13 2017.

It seems like the problem stems from either the battery or the Wi-Fi card.

9/10 time I get the BSOD while on battery.

Sometimes even when plugged in, I get BSOD. In this case, the problem disappears when I plug my phone into my laptop and enable USB Tethering to share its connection with the laptop.

I still have warranty left on my machine, however, I would like to refrain from sending it to the service, as I will likely not have my laptop for a month - and I need it for work.

The BSOD error I am getting is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and in 95% of cases it doesn't even restart by iteslf - gets stuck on 100% and I have to manually power it off and power it on again.

I've tried with Driver Updates and it didn't help. Updating Windows seems to make the problem even worse. One thing I haven't tried is if I'll get this problem with Linux, but that is irrelevant in my opinion as this laptop comes with a license for Windows 10.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Probably this is a hardware problem and there is nothing that you can do. My suggestion is to send it directly to the hp technicians to replace the hardware part is having problems

Optionally, you can download this tool to do a hardware diagnose. If this does not encounter any problems, as a final solution try re installing windows from the scratch. If the problem persists, it may still be a hardware problem

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

HP Recommended

I think I knew that it's a hard problem. I've reinstalled different versions of Windows at this point and tried different drivers. I really didn't want to not have it for a month, so I thought maybe you guys have faced/fixed a similar problem, but it seems like it can't be helped.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.