Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Michael, thanks for your reply, but it doesn't work for me:(

The current Bios is N85 Ver. 01.13 (03/17/2016)

I've updated the bios twice, but it doesn't work. 

When I enter the bios an go to Main -> Update System Bios -> Network Configuration Settings -> Test Network connection it gives the following error. 

An error has occured with your network connection. Please see the error message below. 

IPv4 Configuration: Automatic

IPv4 Address:

IPv4 Subnet Mask:

IPv4 Gateway:

DNS Configuration: Automatic

Primary DNS:

Secundary DNS:

MAC Address:

Current Proxy:

Current Custom Source URL: HP.Com

Error: No network card was detected in the system. 

When I'm in the bios the Network light on the Dock is off, but during booting to windows 10 the network light starts flashing and evrything works fine. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I had the same problem, If you still have the problem you need to update the drivers for the Eth adapter.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=56&Level=5&Conn=4&DownT...

I had to go with v. 8.30 for win 8 sine HP didnt have this version.

HP Recommended

I've tried to update the NIC driver to 10.7 (Windows 10) but still no luck. 

The Nic lights on the docking are flashing when I try to pxe boot, enter the Bios setup or just booting into Windows. 

In Windows it all works like a charm. 

The problem is I still receive the message "No USB nic found" while trying to pxe boot.

When I put a bootable USB into the HP USB-C Dock I am able to boot from the USB, But booting from the NIC just doesn't work.  

HP Recommended

@mr_ng_89 wrote:

i am using the HP USB 3.0 to Gigabit LAN adapter (N7P47AA) for pxe boot

any one encounter when the pxe process do a restart to continue, the ethernet will lose connection and failed the pxe process?

Getting same, the BIOS version was 1.09 so trying 1.13 update and retry.  Did you get it working?

HP Recommended

I received the N7P47AA ethernet adapter and the tablet recognises it and almost PXE boots. It gets an IP address but there is the error PXE-E74 bad or missing PXE menu and or prompt information. I was also able to try a non-HP ethernet adapter made by Anker and that also does the same thing. So that doesn't look like a problem with the adapters.

HP Recommended

I don't know if this work-around would help you out, but my PXE boot setup is almost identical to my USB boot setups.  I built the same WinPE environment for both, and when it loads from our PXE server, the scripts just don't have any reference to a local path.

So, since I can't get anything to PXE boot on the Elite X2 1012, I added the drivers for the port replicator (HP USB 3.0 3005pr in our case) to my USB image.  I plug the port replicator into the USB 3 port on the Elite, plug network and my USB drive into the port replicator, and when I boot off the USB drive, I end up in a WinPE environment with full network.

From there, I can reach all of my imaging/installation tools.

HP Recommended

A quick update. I noticed a new BIOS on Friday, version 01.14. This now allows the USB-C dock to PXE boot but I get the same error PXE-74 as with the USB-Ethernet adapter. But at least the PXE boot is working :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Hi,

i can use the HP USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter connected directly to the tablet with Legacy Mode. I can do PXE and install Windows 10.

When i switch to UEFI (Secure Boot) i can start PXE and i get the message "start pxe over ipv4" and the screen keeps in this state and returns after a minute to the menu where i can choose different settings (Continue to boot etc.)

Do you have also this problems?

Am i missing here something?

Thanks

HP Recommended

For those still struggling with this even after the .14 bios.  Disable the thunderbolt security in the bios and it will allow the USB networking devices.

HP Recommended

It fails when applying the OS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.