Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 820 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP EliteBook 820 G3 that was working fine a couple days ago and now I can not get it to boot from a USB Stick.

I have set the the BIOS to USB Boot and no matter what type of USB stick I try and no matter what USB Port I try I can not get to show USB on the F9 boot menu as an option.

The stick I am trying to boot is an SCCM Boot stick for BIOS (non-uefi)  devices.

I have tried a UEFI fomatted one to make sure that was not the problem and it made no difference.

In my cube I have a ton of other HP hardware and all of the are booting this same exact stick with no issue.

But even if the stick was not properly formatted it should still show USB as an option on the Boot Menu with the BIOS set to boot from it.

I have reset the BIOS back to defaults, I have cleared the USB Boot Check Box and then rebooted and placed it back.

I flashed the BIOS up to the current version and that made no difference.

When the machine boots the OS displays the contents of the flash drive properly.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Non-Issue.

One more factory reset of the BIOS seems to have gotten it working.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Non-Issue.

One more factory reset of the BIOS seems to have gotten it working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.