Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear forum users, i need help with this problem.

So basically i have flashed a 256GB SSD with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 using Rufus 3.17 with old bios support and MBR formatting and windows setup (so its like the setup screen), however, it refuses to boot fully from it. When i plug it in, with an external SATA cable or the internal hard drive bay, it does loading windows files, however, when it gets to "Starting Windows" it freezes without the logo showing up, just starting windows, and the screen darkens a bit exactly when it stops trying to boot. The access LED on the external sata drive cable also stays blue at the same time it freezes. I have no idea how to solve this, and i have also got previous successful start ups using a USB stick (which corrupted itself somehow and i cant use it at all, cant format it or anything) and with an old hard drive (which also died after a few days). Please help me fix this issue. 

P.S. I have also tried tinkering with the bios settings (which just kinda broke the computer for a day, but it fixed itself) but no luck there. also tried formatting the ssd for UEFI mode however i also have no luck there. its like some absolutely weird and bizzare issue like if the ram went bonkers or the psu (its not either of those in this case)

Thanks,

Nicolas.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.