Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy X360 8MF60AV 15”
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy X360 8MF60AV 15” Laptop is frozen. I’ve tried holding the power button for 15-20 seconds, even up to a minute and it does nothing. Trust me, I’ve tried it many many times. I disconnected everything from the laptop like the troubleshooting said before hand, and still no go. 
The battery is sealed so I can’t take out the battery and drain the power that way. 

The screen is black, the backlights on the keyboard are off. The power button light and caps lock lights are on, and the fans are running at full speed. 

Can someone please help and tell what to do now??!! I’ve never had a computer with a sealed battery and I’m so frustrated!!! Please help. How do I get the computer to turn off and restart??!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@P2684

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the caps lock light blinking?

When was the last time the computer was working fine?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03518165

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No! The computer froze during a BIOS update.  The screen went black. The caps lock light and power lights are solid.    I was unable to get the computer to shut off.   I didn’t say anything about it not booting to windows. I said it froze and I couldn’t get it to power off in order to reboot it.  Please read posts more carefully. 

I solved it myself my letting the computer run out of battery which shut it down.  It seems to be functioning fine now. 

HP Recommended

@P2684

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.