06-08-2019 02:17 PM
Brand new HP Envy Bang and Olufsen laptop: will not power on or off. Tried plugging in, thinking battery was dead, but still will not power on. Appears to be charging with red light coming on. Power button stays lit even when closed. But computer will not actually turn on. Any ideas? This is a brand new computer. Frustrated with inability to use.
06-10-2019 06:42 PM - edited 06-10-2019 06:42 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
- What is the operating system?
- Is there charging light next to an Ac adapter port?
While you respond to that, let's try this workaround.
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee