Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everything was running fine on my computer but then I went on vacation for 6 weeks and when I came back my computer started to shut down when it should have been going to sleep. I checked the lid settings and everything is already set to sleep. It still shuts down after 30 minutes whether it is plugged in or not. I checked with HP Assistant to see whether any drivers needed to be updated and everything is up to date. I then did a system restore and to my dismay, it still shuts down instead of sleep mode. I checked HP Assistant again and it says that everything on my computer is up to date. I don't know where else to look on my computer in order to find the solution. I'm all out of ideas. Thank you. 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@mossanna Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the HP Envy shuts down instead of sleep mode.

Please try the below steps and check.

  

Fix 1 – Power Options 

• Select the “Start” button, then select “Settings” (gear icon). 

• Select “System“. 

• Select “Power & sleep“. 

• Ensure the “Sleep” setting is set to a desired value. 

• Select “Additional power settings” in the right pane. 

• Select “Change Plan Settings” next to the option that you have selected. 

• Select “Change advanced power settings“. 

• On the “Power Options” screen, you want to expand each setting and ensure that they allow the computer to go to sleep mode. In my case, the setting under “Multimedia settings” > “When sharing media” was set to “Prevent idling to sleep“. I had to set this to “Allow the computer to sleep“. If you’re feeling lazy, just hit the “Restore plan defaults” button and that should toggle all items to where sleeping is allowed in Windows 10. 

Fix 2 – Sensitive Mouse 

If you have a sensitive mouse, any vibration near your PC could be keeping your machine awake. Try these steps to prevent the mouse from waking your machine. 

• Select the “Start” button, then type “device“. 

• Open “Device Manager“. 

• Expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” section. 

• Right-click on the mouse you are using, then choose “Properties“. 

• Select the “Power Management” tab. 

• Uncheck the “Allow this device to wake the computer” box, then select “OK“. 

Fix 3 – Network Adapters 

These steps are the same as Fix 2, only you’re checking under “Network adapters”. 

• Select the “Start” button, then type “device“. 

• Open “Device Manager“. 

• Expand the “Network adapters” section. 

• Check under each of the options by right-clicking and selecting “Properties“. 

• Uncheck the “Allow this device to wake the computer” box, then select “OK” for each network card. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Non of the given procedures solve it.

HP Recommended

@WalMirJ 

Please provide the correct product number.

(Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Product number V7R95LA#ABM

HP Recommended

@WalMirJ

I understand your concerns.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please perform the system file check.

1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator. 

2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/"). 

3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/"). 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Good afternon

I keep my Laptop up to date with Microsoft Updates & HP Support Assistant

I also did the perform the system file check, everything is Ok

Problem persist.

At this point, I shred all information, did a HDD format & install Windows. 

Problem persit.

Hope, you can find a solution.

Best regards...

HP Recommended

@WalMirJ

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Good morning

Procedure do not work.

Also, I did a complete full clean install. Do not solve issue.

I have investigate, in a chat there was a possible solution. It refers to the  IMEI Driver version, to replace it to an old version 10x.

But I cannot find in HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, old versions.

Can you bring a link?

Also if you have any other possible solutions, it will be great to know about them.

HP Recommended

@WalMirJ

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting

the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.