Koch7100
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Envy x360 crashes upon hibernate

HP Recommended
HP Envy 13 ar0802no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon hibernate the message "Encountered problem" occurs and the laptop re-starts.

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,603 32,503 2,956 7,262
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Koch7100 

Hibernation uses a hidden file to store the system information so it can read that when waking up and restore your last session.  Sometimes this file gets corrupted and hibernation then fails.  What sometimes works is removing this file.  Windows will then create a  NEW file the next time you go into hibernation.

Follow these steps:

• Open the command prompt as Administrator.
  • Type the following command: powercfg -h off.
  • The hiberfil.sys hibernation file is now deleted.
  • Complete your tasks and enable hibernation by running the command powercfg -h on in the command prompt.
***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Koch7100
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried your proposal without success.

Subsequently, I've reinstalled windows 10 and updated software both on windows update and HP Support Assistant. The problem remains, that the PC reboots instead of continuing the session.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation