Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
In my case it is a bad solder on (I presume) the BIOS chip. If you turn it on and close the lid, then wrap it up in a sweater for a while (15 mins or so) it warms sufficiently to expand the metal and make good contact and it will then boot.

It won't get better without reflowing the motherboard but hopefully this will help if you have work you need to access quickly.
HP Recommended
Did you figure it out how this WiFi blinks but doesn't boot.
Even I am facing this problem on my HP pavilion with AMD processor.
I tried a lot with BIOS update , updated to latest version as of Jan 7 2015
HP Recommended

I too have this same problem with my HP Laptop dv6 7020us. It is faily apparent from the number of complaints regarding this issue that HP must know what the cause of this is. Why do they not post the solution? Many of us can do minor repairs to electronic devices, and would appreciate some help with this diagnosis. Yes, I know why they will not post an answer, for leagal reasons. Lawyers are literally killing this country.

One thing that I found with my laptop is that the connector from the start button to the mother board is horrible. Very crappy connector. I hate ribbon cable connectors, with flip down caps. They are cheap, and fail fast.

HP Recommended

hi , iam sorry to hear about your problem try these method it will  work :

switch on the laptop and get a towol or warm cloth cover the fan and one side of  the keyboard make sure you cover it completely that the heat of the fan doesnt not loss leave the laptop for about 20 to 40 mins  if you can not wait warm the motherboard of the laptop with hair dryer from where the fan is connect it at back then try to switch on the laptop again this works like magic for black screen issue that you got what it does it will heat up the motherboard to make good connection with the componant that is disconnect to pervent the laptop to boot the screen : please watch this video if you do not understand  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgH98o3cu0A

and share this info please to help more pleaple with this problem.

HP Recommended

You are absolutely correct on this.  I have all the classic symptoms mentioned in this thread.

I've been using my laptop successfully for three weeks now after the problem first happened.  The secret to turning it on and having it run a POST is to overheat the motherboard. I do this by wrapping a towel around the bottom of the laptop and bringing it around the keyboard and then turning it on for a good 15 minutes. Be sure all cooling vents are covered. Then, turn the laptop off and wait about 20 seconds, then turn it back on.  It should boot normally.  I've done this successfully about 8 times so far. Several times to test the theory and a few times when I accidentally powered off  the laptop. When time permits, I intend to check/reheat some solder joints on the motherboard, but will back everything up first.

HP Recommended

Your method worked for me. On the few times it didn't work, I simply repeated the procedure for an additional 5 minutes.

HP Recommended

changes processor. I have solved so

HP Recommended

Thank you so much BJK14 , fixed my black screen problem for now.

I had similar situation http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-on-boot-and-BIOS-isn-t-loading-af...

HP Recommended

Oh WOW!  This worked -amazing now I will back up my laptop.  Thank you for this info!  👍🏻👍🏻

HP Recommended

I'm going to try this with my HP envy j054ca model to see if it works. I'm also having the same problem, the power LED and wifi orange LED is on and nothing appears on the screen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.