Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP JumpStart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While attempting to resolve an unrelated issue it appears that something has happened to the HP JumpStart when the laptop is started.  THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON STARTUP.

I have access to HP Support and the account is set up and accessible.

However, every time I start the laptop it tries to INSTALL the HP JUMPSTART.  It displays the box that it is starting JP JUMPSTART, then sits there a few minutes before giving the error that HP JumpStart could not be found, and please insert the CD-ROM.  I don't have any CD-ROM.  I tried to download HP JumpStart and it installed, but this error keeps happening. 

It keeps looking for the installation files in a certain location and while the software is installed the installation files are not where the HP JumpStart application is expecting to find it.

Please help.

Thank you,

RIchard..

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@richcb7 

JumpStart(s) is a self-directed application meant to be used to introduce your new computer.

General How-to Information

HP PCs - Using HP JumpStart (Windows 10)

What else?

If you are seeing JumpStart every time you log in / start the computer, check and remove the software from your Startup menu. Right-Click the Taskbar > Task Manager > Startup .  

Thereafter, if you do want to run the JumpStart software, look for it in Windows Start > All Apps > Listings in category "H"

What else?

When installed, the application normally shows up Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Scroll down, Find, Select (Single-Left-Click)  HP JumpStarts

Select Advanced Options

The software can be Terminated, Reset or even Uninstalled

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts / Procedures), Product Information (Specifications)...

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Not really sure what is supposed to appear on these pages...

Startup menu. Right-Click the Taskbar > Task Manager > Startup - brings up a list of applications, but HP JumpStart is not listed anywhere in here.  The ONLY thing with HP is the HPlogo_blue.ico

Windows Start > All Apps > Listings in category "H" - Nothing in the HP folder for JumpStart.

Under Settings > App  it has 2:

HP JumpStart Bridge

HP JumpStart Launch

Both of these were removed.

This thing is being launched from somewhere else.

HP Recommended

@richcb7 

Startup contains those programs and applications that are linked to start when the computer is fully booted into Windows.

So, true - the error is generated elsewhere.

?  I do not have an explanation - I only have one system on which JumpStart is installed and it is not in the condition you describe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I rebooted a couple of times and it appears that it finally did go away.

The first time must have cleared it and it was gone on the 2nd reboot.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

@richcb7 

Well, there you go.

Yes, removing software or applications usually does better after having rebooted.

In the case of it needing "more than one reboot", it is possible part of the boot data was being brought forward.  This can happen, for example, if you are using Fast Start (many people use this to slightly decrease the time it takes to boot / start the computer).

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.