Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laptop -SQPDFG26
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I've purchased this laptop (from Sam's) almost 2 years ago, it has continuously lagged and/or locked up on a regular basis.  It seems to happen when I'm working in Google Chrome, Microsoft Office, or trying to print to my HP Printer.  After discussing with HP Support almost 6 months to 1 year ago, with them logging into my computer remotely and looking around to see if they could fix it (to no avail), the laptop continues to disappoint at the highest level.  I'm starting to think that there's something wrong with the hard drive, not being able to process the work I'm asking it to do, which is limited to general use (i.e. web surfing, document creations, excel usage, etc.).  I am highly disappointed and cannot figure out what the next step is.  I don't have the time to sit in front of my laptop to try and diagnose.  I spend WAY too much time waiting on the lag between trying to perform the general tasks outlined above every single time I use this laptop.  Does anyone have any idea on settings to change, similar characteristics or some things to look into.  Thanks in advance for any information.  I am very close to calling it quits and tossing this laptop in the garbage and never going back to HP products.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MikeK1975

Welcome to HP Forums! ðŸ™‚

It’ll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and address your query.

1: Can you let me know the product number of your computer? (Please do not share the serial number on a public forum)

Let's find out if this is a software or a hardware issue.

Step 1:

HP provides diagnostic software for testing hardware components on your computer and confirms hardware failures.

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

• Click Extensive Test.

• Click Run once
    While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component 
    displays on the screen.

• If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) and let us know.

Let me know the outcome of this test. We will take this forward from there.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.