Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ay039wm

I have an HP laptop, model 15-ay039wm.  Have forgotten the BIOS password, and am trying to clear it.  I've taken out the laptop battery and the BIOS battery and disconnected the harddrive... let it sit overnight.  The system still wants the BIOS password.  I have also tried entering a few codes I've found on the internet after getting the system disabled message, but no luck.  The System Disabled code I get is:  [I 67279489]  Any help is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BCochrane

Enter  78151409

If your halt code is actually prefixed with a 'i' as opposed to a 'I' let me know.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@BCochrane

Enter  78151409

If your halt code is actually prefixed with a 'i' as opposed to a 'I' let me know.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

David,

Thanks very much!  This worked!  I appreciate your help.

BC

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same situation. But when i reached the halt page, i got no code... can soemone help?

My laptop is HP PROBOOK 4530s

HP Recommended

Hi, I also have a 15-ay039wm with a forgotten bios password.  the code is  "i 50947744".  Could you please help?

HP Recommended

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.