Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

so basically, I recently installed ubuntu on my hp laptop (already had it on my pc, everything works fine there) and I chose the option to delete the windows partition. It actually did work, but also somehow didn‘t. There is still an option „Windows Boot Manager“ in the BIOS which I can‘t remove, somehow. I also changed the boot order from 1. windows 2. ubuntu, to 1. ubuntu 2. windows but it resets rhe boot order (whyever) every time i click save and restart. So… that is also why I‘m here. I‘d appreciate any help with this!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ukhanjemb,

Windows Boot manager resides on the efi partition, which is separate from the Windows partition, so if you delete the efi partition, Windows Boot Manager should disappear from the UEFI boot order list in BIOS.

The efi partition is a hidden partition, so no letter is assigned to it. It is 100 to 300 MB in size with FAT32 format. It is also called the system or ESP partition. If the efi partition is removed, HP laptops trigger the No Boot Device Found 3F0 error on startup, but in your case, your laptop should boot into Linux.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.