Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6530HP 4WZ46UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I return my HP NOTEBOOK for repairs?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I need to have my HP NOTEBOOK fixed. I . How can I get assistance with repairs and dispute warranty. I have the invoice on hand but the dispute website will not let me choose a file (file size is more than 2mb).  I have spent many hours trying to resolve the problem. I would like to know the quickest way to get it fixed with or without warranty. HP product # 4WZ46UA. SERIAL # Ends in ......77KL. Purchased on 12/12/2019. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

I would like to know how I can get my HP laptop repaired without warranty... It will not boot. Install hard disc (3FO)? THANKS FOR ANY INFO OR ADVICE ON HAVINjohnG IT REPAIRED!  John Simmons

HP Recommended

@JWS6 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a hard drive error.

Please perform the hard reset and check.

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check

Also, perform the hard drive test.

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to Component test.  

5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test.  

If the test is passed, please perform the recovery.

1. Shutdown the computer.  

2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3. Press F11 once for System Recovery.  

4. Choose the Keyboard Layout.  

5. Click on Troubleshoot.  

6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.  

Note : Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.  

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.