10-13-2019 11:00 AM
Hi bought a Notebook 15S-DU0094TU recently (2 weeks back).
Initially the trackpad started giving issues (unable to click), when I thought of rebooting. But after hard rebooting via Power Button, the Notebook is unable to completely shutdown. It is stuck with fan noise coming and power and charger LED glowing.
Any idea how to bring it out of this state. The screen is blanked and already tried long hold of power button (along with mute as well)?
Let me know, or else will wait for battery to drain and restart.
10-15-2019 05:34 PM
@SanjayR1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Power reset the notebook
Refer to this document to know how.
Click here to download the latest version from the HP Support site.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
- Step 1: Go to your Device Manager. You can find this option by searching for "device manager" in Cortana, or by going through your PC Settings. Below is a complete step-by-step instruction with pictures.
- Step 2: Scroll down and expand the option named "System Devices".
- Step 3: Find the hardware named "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface".
- Step 4: Right-click on it, and click "Properties".
- Step 5: Go the tab named "Power Option".
- Step 6: Finally, uncheck the option that allows the computer to save power.
- Step 7: Click on OK, and try to shut down your PC as normal.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee