cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
daradean
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Notebook barely out of warranty.

HP Recommended
Notebook [Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Notebook was purchased in Nov. 2018 so warranty is barely out.  It shuts down and won't turn backed on.  Have had the bios restarted by a professional computer technician 3 times, each time paid a fee.  He now says it needs a new motherboard and in his opinion, I should buy a new computer because the repair would be costly.  This computer is used very little and I can't believe I will have to junk it or pay a high price for repair.  Any suggestions?  I've never had an HP before, so is it worth fixing?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daradean 

He's correct about the cost of replacing a motherboard -- in that it can easily cost as much as simply replacing the laptop.

We can't tell you if that is the issue because we have no way to access or diagnose your laptop from here.

I don't know what you mean by having the BIOS "restarted".  You would have to explain what that means if you want our comments on that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation