Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp proobok450 G5

Hello Everyone,

As the title i have i very strange and painful problem: Suddenly the UEFI BIOS of my Hp proobok g4 has stopped recognizing the SDD.
The strange thing is that is that Arch recognizes grub (which however suddenly crashes) but if I try to start the system from live USB the HD is not seen by the OS.

Some Saint Soul can give me some helpful suggestion to restore properly the hard disk?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You mentioned Arch (Linux), so are you running using that, or are you trying to boot from that media?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

yes Sir,

the laptop not see the hd 

HP Recommended

You didn't answer my question -- are you running Arch (Linux) on the computer? Or are you just booting from it on a USB stick to try it out?

HP Recommended

Both: arch is the so and also i tried to rescue bootloader from USB Stick with arch live insider.

HP Recommended

Had to ask because HP provide no support for Linux distros.  If you install one, you then assume full responsibility for maintaining the PC after that.  Your best bet for support is a community forum for the distro you are using.

HP Recommended

ok tnx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.