Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've owned this computer for little over a year now, and it's been an issue here and there. Not for all games. Most games work. Just a 1/10 type of deal. Occasionally a game will not work for me, giving this error specifically. While all other games work fine.

This has been one of the few only gripes I've had with this computer since I owned it. It's quite annoying. I've tried many many many things to fix it myself, nothing works. HELP.

Guide me. Hold my hand step by step. Honestly I need help. Since I came across a game that this error happens on, and I REALLY want to play it on THIS Laptop, but can't so long as this error exist.

Ask anything else you need. Tell me how to get it, I will. Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Uninstall the problematic software

Run the 2 commands in cmd(admin)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

update your system to 19043.1266

Reinstall the software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.