Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi there, I have a HP Pavilion 15 Laptop and somehow my BIOS generated a password and I don't know what it is or how to reset it, please HELP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ThatDJDude

The pass code for your laptop is   76164039

Reboot and when asked for the password enter that code.

REO

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@ThatDJDude

When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times.

Post any code you receive.

REO

HP Recommended

I tried that, it keeps on saying wrong password

HP Recommended

@ThatDJDude

If it is asking for a password with a Username then it is a Windows login password???

Not a BIOS/Power-on password.

REO

HP Recommended

No it does not ask the login, I am sure it is asking for the BIOS password, it gives me a string of numbers after I press enter 3 times, those numbers do not work as the password for the BIOS, still stuck 😞 

HP Recommended

@ThatDJDude

Post that code.

We use that to generate a passcode for you.

REO

HP Recommended

Aaahhhh, now it makes more sense... the passcode for my laptop is 69206017...PLEASE 🙂 

HP Recommended

@ThatDJDude

The pass code for your laptop is   76164039

Reboot and when asked for the password enter that code.

REO

HP Recommended

Hey I was wondering if I would be able to get helped wth my second hand locked out laptop, the code that comes up on my bios screen after entering wrong passwords is 54803019

any help is greatly appreciated

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.