Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. My HP Pavilion x360 asked to do a BIOS update today and it went through it and now it is stuck on the black screen. I have allowed it to sit and nothing. I turned it off did a hard restart and then pushed the power button as well as the Windows button and V or B at the same time. This brought up the BIOS loading menu again no buttons can be pushed during this to stop it, it goes through the screens and then black screen again and nothing else. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jayson4

Welcome to HP Community

Please follow the instructions in Step 2 & 3 from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 to create a BIOS Recovery drive

Keep me posted and let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

So the working PC that I have is not an HP. When I download the file I double click and open the file and it does not ask me for the save as USB screen. It only opens the file and saves it on my PC. I have attempted to look for the HP utility to open it the correct way with no joy. I have put the file alone on the USB and it went through the BIOS update page again and came up with a black screen that did ask to continue and nothing more was done, only a black screen.. I have dissasembled the PC and unplugged the battery in the attempt to reset the PC and still nothing.. I think it is time to throw HP in the trach and go for another brand.

HP Recommended

@Jayson4
I am the Echo_Lake  looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This computer needs to ship out for physical diagnosis, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.