Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 15 Convertible PC br1xx/br0xx.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A little while back my friend gave me this laptop and said it was from his moms friend (who works at HP). I got it in the box with a charger, but no paperwork or anything of that nature. The laptop looks like it has been opened before I got it because of pry marks on the palm rest/keyboard assembly. The laptop powers on with a blank screen, power indicator, and fan spin but no beeping, keyboard flashing or anything else. I have re-seated the RAM module, changed it, tested it in another computer (another HP laptop where the RAM module tested functional), and even put another Ram module in the second slot. I have also removed the HDD and installed a SATA M.2 SSD and it did the same thing before and after these attempts to fix the issue. I have no information besides that it is an HP Pavilion x360 15 Convertible PC and and its one of these 2 models br1xx or br0xx

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

So when you start up the pc, it's just a black screen, with no information what so ever??

Thanks

Terran. 

HP Recommended

when i start it up, zero info pops up. blankk screen fan spin, and power led

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.