Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 4740s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

in installed windows 10 on this notebook, and head over to the hp support webpage for the drivers, i used the autodetection feature to identify the notebook, everything seemed ok it was detected correctly and listed the available drivers, i had selected all the drivers and BIOS update what was offered by the HP webpage and used the HP download manager to download and install all the packages. The first package was the BIOS update. In the windows it installed the package and run it to write the update the chip. After finishing this activity requested a restart. From this restart my notebook is not working anymore.

When i turn it on only the caps lock is flashing constantly there are no different beeps or different blinking sequence. After a few seconds the fan starts also .

I tried to download the same update BIOS update package and write it to USB stick but nothing happens. I tried to keep pressing de Windows key + B as i read on the internet.

Please help me to fix my notebook, the notebook was working perfectly i dont understand how is possible to happen while using the HP tools.

Thanks

Ervin

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You have to press

Esc (repeatedly) during startup and then

F10

run the setup

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.